Viva & Clinical Case Discussions for Orthopaedic FRCS Exams
28th May 2022
2nd Jul 2022
3rd September 2022
24th September 2022
22nd October 2022
Candidates preparing for part 1 & 2 of Postgradutae Exit Exams:
• FRCS (Tr&Orth) exam – UK and International
• EBOT exam
• SICOT Diploma
Useful for those who would like to supplement their ISCP portfolio :The structered assessment and feedback can be added to your ISCP portfolio .
This course has been designed for candidates preparing for the Postgraduate Exit Orthopaedic Examination .
Suitable for candidates in all stages of exam preparation , from early preparation for written exams to those preparing for the Clinical and Viva components .
The Faculty have been picked for their expertise in coaching candidates for the FRCS (T&O) examination and are passionate about helping candidates maximise their chances of success in the examination. All are senior orthopaedic colleagues and have undertaken further education in teaching and feedback to provide a professional experience.
Both Participants & Observers will receive a CPD certificate approved by RCSEd for 4.5 CPD points .
• Identify areas of knowledge which may need further study and understanding.
• Practice answering questions in a focused format to reach the main points quickly as in a clinical or viva situations .
• Exposure to many types of questions and topics .
• Cover high yield topics and difficult concepts .
• Greater understanding of where to focus study prior to the examination .
• Study tips and tricks .
Structure of the Course
A set of questions are presented and candidates have the opportunity to practice their answers with the teaching faculty .
Detailed discussion of the questions & answers and clarification of main points to assess understanding will take place.
There will be adequate time for questions and individual feedback .
- 08.45 – 09.00 Login and registration
- 09.00– 09:15 Welcome, Housekeeping, how it works.
- 09:15– 10:15 Basic Sciences cases and discussion of answers
- 10:15 – 11:15 Paediatric cases and discussion of answers
- 11:15 – 12:15 Hands cases and discussion of answers
- 12:15– 13:15 Adult Pathology cases and discussions of answers
- 13:15 – 13:45 Lunch break and informal Q & A with faculty
- 13:45 – 14:45 Trauma cases and discussion of answers
- 14:45 – 15:45 Upper Limb Clinical cases and discussion of answers
- 15:45 – 16:45 Lower Limb Clinical cases and discussion of answers
- 16:45 – 17:00 Q & A , Conclusions and close
Each participant is given an outcome (clear pass, clear fail or borderline) at the end of their question. The outcome grade is based on:
- Methodical approach to your answer.
- Your ability for clear decision making.
- Minimal prompting.
- Familiarity with supportive literature
Participant : £250 – Suitable for candidates doing the exam within the next 6 months .
Observer : £ 125 – Suitable for candidates in the early stages of exam preparation .
Both participants & Observers get CPD certificate approved by RCSEd for 4.5 CPD points
Examples from Previous Courses:
Meet Our Teaching Faculty
Wirral University Teaching Hospitals
South Warwickshire Hospital
East Kent University Hospitals
Oxford University Hospitals
Aabid Sanaullah FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon University of Buckingham Medical School
Educator – Orthopaedic Academy
Justin Leong FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Countess of Chester Hospital